Pages

Thursday, June 9, 2011

Today's Featured Artist is Suzi Blu!

Boy oh boy, do I love Suzi Blu!  Her art is inspiring and her blog is so much fun to read.  If you haven't had a chance to check it out...definitely do so.

I was skimming through some of her previous posts and thought it would be fun to remind us that we crafters should always spend sometime making something for ourselves.

I'm a scrapbooker and realized not too long ago that I have never made myself an album.  Wow! 

I know that I should make one soon, but I wanted to start with a smaller project.  I was a tad bit inspired by the introduction of SMASH books by K&Company at my lss...so that's my current project.

And then I decided to look through Suzi's blog and came about her beautiful art journaling.  Though I didn't do anything like that with my recently started SMASH book, I'm certainly thinking about trying this technique out on a few of my pages.  I can't wait.  

Just look at this amazing technique!!

Poodle9
 
Here is my art journal page.  It's not finished but it's a good start. Don't be intimidated to draw from life.  I don't know how to draw a poodle but there she was right in front of me. Draw your Life!  I used Faber Castell Aquarelle Water Color pencils because they are permanent when they dry. (Great for layering).  Draw an image as best as you can then smudge the lines with a wet brush. Spray water over it and make it run to look messy.  I am not finished with this page - I know want to add scrapbook elements like photos and journaling.  I will post more pics when I have them.


Poodle10


There is a super cute video on the technique on her blog...plus you get to see my cute puppies!

http://blip.tv/file/get/SuziBlu-ArtJournalingWithSuziBluThePoodleAndTheBabyHead731.mov

No comments: